Call: (619) 235-TAXI (8294) for reservations
Living Downtown has so much to offer, and as a resident, I have made so many great discoveries well worth sharing…
One of my very favorites is the null.
There isn’t a better way to travel to Coronado or one of your favorite waterfront restauraunts than the water taxi. Unlike the crowded ferry boat, the water taxi will pick you up at your designated dock location and transport you to your destination for less than a typical cab ride.
A $7.00 fare (each way) offers a stylish ride along San Diego Bay to Coronado, or your favorite bayfront restaurant.
The water taxi hours of operation are as follows:
- Sunday – Thursday 9:00am – 9:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday 9:00am – 11:00 pm
San Diego is such a great city for outdoor exploration, and one of my favorite family activities is to ride our bikes to the 5th Avenue Ferry Landing for pick up, for a fun filled day of bike riding along Coronado’s pristine coastline. At no extra charge, you can bring your bicycles on the ferry, and explore to your heart’s desire all of the wonder of one of Southern California’s most exclusive neighborhoods. If you don’t have your bicycle with you, you can even rent a bicycle at Bikes and Beyond, located right at the Coronado Ferry Landing. Along the way, enjoying Sunday Brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado is a must to make for a memorable experience.
San Diego’s Best Brunch: Hotel Del Coronado
Some other activities via the water taxi that I reccommend are as follows:
- Grab a Mai Tai at the Bali Hai. Be forewarned: The Bali Hai is San Diego’s Best Mai Tai, and having a safe designated mode of transportation like the water taxi is highly encouraged! The Bali Hai has panoramic views of the Downtown Cityscape on the bay. The Bali Hai has been an Iconic Polynesian restaurant in San Diego for several decades, serving some of the strongest Tiki style drinks in town!
- Dinner at C Level Lounge. Resting upon stilts directly on San Diego Bay is Island Prime Steakhouse and it’s outdoor deck dining experience: C Level lounge. This is a romantic way to enjoy a great dinner at one of the most picturesque settings in the city.
- Go shopping at the 20+ eclectic shops at the Coronado Ferry Landing. The Coronado Ferry Landing has anything from Seashells to Sports Memorabilia and more. A fun experience that the entire family will enjoy. Just a 5 minute water taxi ride from Downtown to great specialty shops, restaurants, and more…
- Picnic at Shelter Island Shoreline Park. Enjoy picturesque views from a beautifully landscaped location on the San Diego Bay that has all the facilities needed to enjoy a terrific day with the family. Shoreline Park has public art, restrooms, exercise stations, a children’s play area, bike paths, fire rings, a fishing pier, a boat launch, and more! This location is so beautiful that wedding ceremonies that accommodate up to 200 guests are often held here!
So if you are a local or a visitor alike, the San Diego Water taxi is one of the lesser known local secrets well worth exploring.