Welcome to San Diego Blog | March 25, 2012
San Diego Bay Real Estate
San Diego is known for its wonderful beaches, warm climate and its large natural bay which is sheltered by Point Loma and Coronado Island. With the development of downtown San Diego over the past 10 years, there are quite a few wonderful options for bay front living.
From the beautiful homes of La Playa on the bayside of Point Loma all the way to the high-rise condos of downtown and the shore line properties of Coronado, there’s a great property for everyone.
San Diego bay real estate ranges in price from approximately $400,000 to as much as $15 million if you are looking for a large private estate.
We’ll give you a small snipet of each of these options to give you an idea of where you fit best for real estate on the San Diego Bay.
San Diego Bay Condos
Smaller condos built in the 60’s – 80’s in Point Loma along Rosecrans and Scott Streets make for a great home or vacation residence. Most of these properties are within walking distance of the restaurants, shops, cafes and boutiques of downtown Point Loma.
If you like to sail, fish, or own a power boat, this is a great economical option.
- San Diego Bay properties in this area range from approximately $200,000 to $600,000
- Sizes range from approximately 600-1400 sq/ft
San Diego Bay Condos in Downtown
If you’re looking for newer properties and a little more excitement after dark, then you should definitely consider bay properties in Downtown San Diego. Given the current state of the economy, it’s remarkable that relatively new high-rise condos with amazing views and luxury amenities can be purchased for approximately $400,000 to $2M.
- These San Diego high-rise properties were built from 1993-2009
- Sizes range from approximately 900 sq/ft to 2500 sq/ft
- Amenities often include pool, spa, sauna, steam room, fitness center, recreation rooms, 24 hour security, front desk attendants, underground parking and in some cases, more!
San Diego Bay – A place for everyone!
San Diego Bay Homes
If you are looking for a place to grow your family, then you definitely want to consider the beautiful homes of La Playa with their spectacular views towards downtown San Diego. La Playa offers an array of single family bay homes as an economical option to Coronado. From these La Playa homes, it’s a short stroll to Kellog Beach to catch some rays or go for a hike at El Cabrillo National Park. What’s the skinny on La Playa homes?
- Range from approximately 1100 sq/ft to 10,000 sq/ft.
- Homes built from the 1920’s all the way to yesterday…people love to scrape and build Mc-Mansions because the views are unbeatable.
- Prices range from approximately $600,000 to $10M.
Properties on the San Diego Bay in Coronado
There aren’t many communities in San Diego that are more desirable than Coronado for retirement, a vacation home, or raising a family. From the beautiful Village of Coronado with it’s restaurants, galleries and charm, to the world class beaches and the Hotel Del Coronado, this is a world destination. What most people don’t realize is that Coronado is also one of the safest communities in San Diego with one of the best school systems in the United States. So how much does it really cost to buy Coronado Real Estate ?
- Condos range from $400,000 (far and few between) to approximately $5M
- Single family homes range from approximately $600,000 to $13M+
- Coronado is relatively flat so properties along the bayside will have water views, but many properties can see the downtown skyline by night which is always a brilliant scene.
For an in-depth review of San Diego Bay properties, give us a call 619-309-8011 or send us a message and we’ll reach out to you:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]