Welcome to San Diego Blog | April 20, 2012
Earth Day Events…
…In San Diego this weekend
Earth Day 2012 is this Sunday, April 22nd. This weekend San Diegans, along with people all over the world, will be celebrating Earth Day by doing their part to help beautify and protect the planet. Over 60,000 visitors are expected to attend the event this year.
The event happening at Balboa Park in San Diego this Sunday is the 23rd Annual San Diego EarthFair 2012. The event is from 10am-5pm and showcases a wide variety of causes, goods, and services pertaining to the environment and quality of life.
The event includes:
- 350 exhibitors featuring various organizations such as: wildlife preservaton groups, products made from natural and organically grown crops, organic gardening information, alternative energy vehicles, ecotourism opportunities, clean air and clean water products and conservation groups among many others
- Kids’ Activity Area where kids can participate in crafts, games, story telling and other activities designed to help educate and inspire kids to help out the planet
- Entertainment venues featuring music from local artists
- Food Pavilion with delicious and creative vegetarian fare
- Children’s Earth Parade starts at 10:30 & participants are invited to dress up as endangered species
- eARTh Gallery art show featuring works by artists using recycled materials or showing depictions of “Endangered Spaces” in San Diego County. The artwork will be presented next to the Children’s Area in the Pan American Plaza
- eHome exhibit showcasing products and technologies that can make your home more environmentally sustainable
- Cleaner Car Concourse that will feature vehicles that run on alternative fuels
Stop by, check it out and remember to do your part to help preserve our Earth for a clean, healthy and prosperous future!