Welcome to San Diego Blog | July 26, 2016
Property Management FAQ’s
- What are your management fees? Our Full Service Property Management is 9% of the monthly rent and our Tenant Placement Service is 6% of the gross annual rent.
- What areas do you manage? The majority of our properties are in Downtown San Diego and surrounding neighborhoods and Coronado. Please don’t hesitate and contact us if you are unsure or have any questions!
- Do you charge a fee when my unit is vacant? We charge a minimum of $100 per month during vacancy. This is for arranging showings, scheduling cleaners, maintenance, photographers, etc.
- What is the screening process? We conduct a very thorough and detailed screening process with all of our prospective tenants. This includes a credit report, background check (criminal and eviction), calling personal references, past/current landlords, and verifying income and employment.
- Can tenants pay rent electronically? Through our Property Management system, Appfolio, tenants are able to setup automatic rent payments so you won’t have to worry about a late payment.
- How do you handle maintenance requests? Through Appfolio, tenants are able to submit maintenance requests directly, along with any pictures or supporting documentation. For Emergency and urgent issues, tenants are instructed to call us immediately.
- Do you have a preferred vendor list? Yes, we have a variety of different vendors who we work closely with and have great relationships with them. We have also negotiated preferred pricing.
- How do you market your properties? Our online syndication covers 50+ websites including, Zillow, Trulia, hotpads, Realtor.com, and many more. We also create window flyers that we post in both office locations at 875 G St and 1774 Kettner Blvd which get 100’s of views a day. We pitch our properties to our agents so that the entire team is aware of our listings.
- Do you offer Direct Deposit for your owners? Yes, once we collect rent from the tenant and take out any additional expenses, we will send the owners disbursement directly to their bank account.
- When will I get my disbursement? Owners can expect to get their disbursement by the 10th of each month. It is usually sooner than that but this gives us a few days in case of weekends, holidays, etc.
- When do I get my deposit back? Under California law, we have 21 calendar days to return a tenant’s security deposit or provide you with an itemized statement that lists the amounts of any deductions from your security deposit and the reasons for the deductions, together with a refund of any amounts not deducted.
- There’s an emergency after hours, who do I call? If you have an emergency after hours, you should call your onsite HOA or front desk staff as they will be able to respond right away, and then call our office next. Any non-emergency requests should be submitted through the Appfolio tenant portal and will be addressed the following business day.
- What if I have to move suddenly, can someone take over my lease? As a tenant, you are responsible for paying rent throughout your lease term. If you need to vacate early, the owner has to approve for us to market the property early. If we find another tenant to sign a new lease, once that tenant takes possession, your lease will be cancelled and you will not have to pay your remaining lease term. However, you are responsible for paying rent until a new tenant moves in.