Welcome to San Diego Blog | January 12, 2017
Coming Soon……Downtown San Diego’s Delicious New Restaurants!!!!
Downtown San Diego has been the mecca for restaurant-goers and continues to be just that! You can come down here anytime and, no matter what your passion is for your palate, there will be a perfect choice for you and your companions. Take a look at what’s coming…….
Photo is rendering of Lionfish
- Born & Raised, Little Italy: CH Projects will be opening a great new place at the old Nelson’s Photo store (1900 India St.) next Month: a beckoning 2 story steakhouse. Featured will be an in-house dry-aging program, a chef’s garden, and retail butcher shop! YUM! Some of their current restaurants include Ironside, Soda and Swine, and Underbelly.
- Breakfast Republic: Will be opening next month in the former Zanzibar space at 707 G. St. How could you not hit a home run offering Lemon ‘n Coconut French Toast or Mushroom ‘n Pesto Benedict. Are you hungry yet?
- Curadero: I just like the term “Soulful Mexican Street Food”. From street tacos to antojitos, or small snacks, ceviches made with local seafood, and larger plates of roasted and braised meats. Curadero will keep the venue’s strong focus on the bar, with a new program revolving around tequila and mezcal, Baja wine, and Mexican craft beers. The upstairs dining space, now called The Arriba Room, will be transformed into a game room stocked with vintage arcade games and other classics, and will feature a walkup taco window. Totally Fun! 1047 Fifth Ave.
- Lionfish Modern Coastal Cuisine: This month, in the new Pendry Hotel at 435 Fifth Ave., a real treat awaits. Renown Chef Jo Jo Ruiz is in the process of creating an innovative and exciting modern coastal cuisine concept which will thrill with an amazing menu featuring fresh fish, high-quality meats, small plates to share, and a buzzing bar.
- Monkey King, Gaslamp Quarter: I love Asian-inspired rich flavors! Dishes from China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Fiji will be graciously offered at this new venue starting at the end of this month at 467 Fifth Ave. What is the cuisine of Fiji? I intend to find out!
Ok! So, here are 5 more options for you to come downtown and live it up. Of course, if you lived down here, you wouldn’t have to drive, can easily venture to a different place every night, and be part of the fabulous in-crowd. It truly is a wonderful lifestyle! I have been a very happy condo owner in the Little Italy neighborhood for over 13 years. I would be thrilled to help you find a great downtown condo too! Call me anytime: Laura Wills Ochoa 619-920-2823; Check out my website at laura.welcometosandiegorealestate.com