Welcome to San Diego Blog | January 31, 2017
San Diego Makes Top Ten on Dog-Friendliest Cities
San Diego was recently named the 4th dog-friendliest city in America according to the Huffington Post. Most people wouldn’t think of downtown when they are considering where to move when owning a dog but they are wrong! Downtown San Diego is filled with so many great activities that you can enjoy with your pet. Did you know that most restaurants downtown welcome dogs with open arms and even offer fresh water bowls brought to your table?
Some of my favorite places to bring my dog downtown include:
Quartyard – 1102 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- Offers 4,500 sq ft off-leash dog park
- Re-purposed shipping container that has been transformed into a full bar, so you can grab a craft beer or cocktail while you watch your dog run off some energy!
- Local gourmet food trucks will often park here for the day offering some delicious casual tastings
Sally’s Fish House & Bar – 1 Market Pl, San Diego, CA 92101
- Pet friendly patio that offers some of the best views of the San Diego Bay
- Specialty dog menu featuring “pupcakes”, chicken & rice, rawhide bones and crab cookies
- Happy Hour from Monday to Friday 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
The “Barkyard” San Diego Padres – 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
- Features six semi-private, dog-friendly viewing areas in left-center field for every Padres home game accommodating up to four people and two dogs
- The designated Pet Relief Area in the Park at the Park is conveniently located nearby
- Each viewing area offers umbrellas to protect dogs from the sun and specially selected easy-to-clean artificial turf that does not retain heat, to ensure every pup’s paws stay cool.
- The Barkyard will offer an In-seat menu offered by The Patio in Left Field. The Patio also will offer a complimentary homemade treat for each canine fan in attendance
Coronado Beach Dog Park – 100 Ocean Blvd, Coronado, CA 92118
- Scenic white-sand beach offering tidepools, fire rings, a dog run, surfing, and sunbathing
- On one side there’s the beautiful Hotel del Coronado while the Point Loma skyline fills the view to the north
- Just a short drive over the Coronado bridge from downtown or you can even take the ferry which departs every 30 minutes
Doozy Dog Club – 634 14th St., Suite 104, San Diego, CA 92101
- Dog daycare at the play park from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm every day for those days when you cannot make it home to feed or walk your dog
- Sleep & Eat – Overnight boarding that allows you to go on vacation while keeping an eye on your dog through their camera based app on your smartphone
- Style Bar features a state-of-the-art bathing system that ensures a quick, relaxing and easy dog grooming experience for each do
Celebrating our Yellow Labrador, Walter’s first birthday at the Quartyard downtown.