San Diego Theatre
San Diego has a robust theatre scene and there are always opportunities to view excellent productions. San Diego is actually one of the leading theater cities in the nation. Not only has San Diego produced a slew of Tony winners; it also sends more shows to Broadway than any other single city.
The residents of San Diego remain devoted to the qualities that help distinguish the local arts scene in general, and theater in particular. According to the San Diego Performing Arts League, San Diego is home to approximately 75 theater companies. In terms of the sheer number of groups, theater is the largest local performing arts genre, far surpassing dance, classical music and opera.
People believe in theater and believe that it makes a difference in how we see ourselves as human beings, both in good times and bad.”
Our favorite San Diego Theaters
- The Balboa Theatre | 868 4th Avenue | 619-570–1100
- The San Diego Civic Theater | 1100 3rd Avenue | 619-570–1100
- The Coronado Playhouse | 1835 Strand Way | 619-435-4856
- The Old Globe Theater | 1363 Old Globe Way | 619-23-GLOBE
- The La Jolla Playhouse | 2910 La Jolla Village Drive | 858-550-1010