Happy hour is an enjoyable period of time at a restaurant, pub or nightclub where discounts are offered to encourage people to come by, stay awhile and invite friends and co-workers.
It is common for establishments to dedicate a window of time in the early evening so people will drop in for a drink or appetizer after work, knowing there is an incentive for them to come enjoy great discounts on the food and beverage. Happy hour is a great time to be social and enjoy friends, neighbors and family.
Downtown San Diego Happy Hour
We see happy hour as a fun way to sample a restaurant’s menu and be social. The following happy hours are our favorite picks for Downtown San Diego. We are always searching for exciting new happy hour venues so let us know about your experience at these and other happy hours.
The Gaslamp Quarter
- Cafe Seville | 555 4th Avenue | 619-233-5979 | Daily from 5pm-6:30pm | Excellent Spanish Tapas & half priced drink specials
- Fred’s Mexican Cafe | 527 5th Avenue | 619-232-8226 | M-F 4pm-7pm
- La Puerta| 560 4th Ave | 619-696-3466 | Everyday 3pm-7pm and 10pm to close | Awesome Food and Drink Specials
- Mr. Tiki’s Mai Tai Lounge | 801 5th Avenue | 619-233-1183 |
- Nicky Rottens | 560 5th Avenue | 619-702-8068 | M 3pm-close, T-F 4pm-7pm, Weekends 11am-3pm
- Ra Sushi | 474 Broadway | 619-321-0021 | M-F 4-7pm | Great Happy Hour with half off all rolls, Appetizers and amazing drink specials.
- Rock Bottom Brewery | 401 G Street | 619-231-7000 | M-F 4pm-7pm
- The Yard House | 1023 4th Avenue | 619-233-9273 | M-F 3pm-6pm, Sun-W 10pm-midnight
- The Palm | 615 J Street | 619-702-6500 | M-F 4pm-6:30pm, 9pm on | “Prime Time” specials include Kobe beef sliders, filet mignon capri sandwiches, prime cheese steak, and more for $3.50 – drink specials too!
- Whiskey Girl | 702 5th Avenue | 619-236-1616 | M-F 11am-8pm – $3 Wells and Drafts, M-F 4pm-8pm 1/2 off appetizers
- null | 1157 Columbia Street | 619-234-2739 | M-F 4pm-6:30pm
The Marina District | Seaport Village
- Busters | 807 W. Harbor Drive | 619-233-4300 | Daily 2pm-6pm
- Morton’s Steakhouse | 619-696-3369 | Daily 5pm-6:30pm and 9pm-close | Great Bar Bite specials and discounted Wine, Beer and Martinis
The East Village
- Basic | 410 10th Avenue | 619-531-8869 | M-F 4pm-6pm | Very hip atmosphere with art on display and they offer FREE Pizza and great drink specials.
- The Tilted Kilt | 310 10th Avenue | 619-814-5458 | M-F 3pm-7pm
- Po Pazzo | 1917 India Street | 619-238-1917 | M-F 4:30pm-6:30pm, Sunday 4:30pm-9:00pm | Excellent food and drink specials include lobster bisque, Kobe burger, and spaghetti and meatballs – delicious!
- Zia’s Italian Bistro | 1845 India Street | 619-234-1344 | M-F 4pm-7pm | A relaxing setting with half off Appetizers, salads and pizzas. $4 house wines and $3 beers