Welcome to San Diego Blog | December 6, 2010
Parkloft | 877 Island Ave San Diego
Located at 877 Island Avenue in the East Village ball park district, Parkloft San Diego is truly one of the most unique buildings in all of downtown. The most distinguishing feature is that it is a newer brick building with an exterior reminiscent of a 1920’s warehouse with very large open loft floor plans. The average sized unit in parkloft is approximately 1500 square feet and with no walls and ten and a half foot ceilings, the space is voluminous.
Parkloft San Diego Condos – Best Features
- Huge open spaces with high ceilings, exposed concrete and wood floors to add a mix of traditional and contemporary. Many floorplans have open spaces that span 40+ feet across without concrete colums in the middle. There are no other buildings with such large open spaces in Downtown San Diego.
- High quality Pella windows with stain grade wood on the interior. The only building in downtown with these unique high quality windows.
- The ability to add walls to create your own floorplan, break up spaces or just showcase art & design features.
- A healthy HOA – Now that the litigation has been settled, the HOA reserve is 99.6% funded for 2011 and the monthly HOA dues are going to go down by approximately $83 starting in early 2011.
- Phenominal Location. Located behind center field of Petco Park and units facing south on the 6th floor and above have views into Petco Park. Close to the Gaslamp Quarter, restaurants, movies, bowling, the mall, the San Diego bay and more.
- The home owners will be voting on adding an awesome rooftop deck with full kitchen, BBQ’s outdoor firepits, flatscreen TV and amazing views into Petco Park, towards the Coronado Bridge and the San Diego Bay. They are also discussing the addition of a jacuzzi in the courtyard. Currently there are limited amenities – courtyard with BBQ and a fitness center.
- Bang for your buck– Due to the litigation, this building experienced a really heavy decline in values. Now that the litigation has settled expect values to go up and I really expect a dramatic increase over the next few years…I bought a condo here myself because of the great opportunities.
Parkloft condos for sale & recent condos sold
At an average sales price of $264 per square foot (last 18 months sales) Parkloft is definitely one of the top buys for East Village real estate. It would cost a developer $350 a square foot to replicate this property not including view premium or location premium and the Parkloft location is ideal. If you like Parkloft style, then you can’t going wrong buying at Parkloft in 2011. To schedule a showing please fill out the form below.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]