Welcome to San Diego Blog | February 4, 2011
Legend | 325 7th Ave
The Legend Condos..
…in Downtown San Diego’s East Village Neighborhood is truly a remarkable location. If you are looking for the action of San Diego Padres baseball, an abundance of restaurants, bars and nightclubs all with upper floor views of the San Diego Bay, then you will definitely want to call Legend Condos East Village home or a vacation getaway.
In a perfect world, I would have a vacation home at The Legend because it is such a cool and action packed location. The amenities at the Legend are matched by none for the sports enthusiast. A blend of hall of fame style and luxury defines this Petco Park Condo building.
Search The Legend Condos for Sale
Legend Downtown San Diego Condos – Best Features
- Location– If you like baseball, warm weather, a wide array of restaurant options, bar options, and entertainment options, then the Legend is a “home run” building for you. The Legend is the only building actually located on the Petco Park property grounds. If you can’t have fun living at the Legend, then you probably need to move to a cave in southern Spain.
- The best deck in Downtown San diego –The legend hands down has the coolest outdoor deck in town. views right into Petco Park from this 7th floor deck never get old. It’s like season tickets included in your maintenance dues. This outdoor Deck which includes a full kitchen, BBQ’s, gas fire pits, an outdoor TV, and over 7000 sq/ft is the optimal place to meet your neighbor, eat, drink and be merry.
- Pet Friendly – If you have a dog, the Legend Condos is perfect because you can walk out the back door straight into Park at the Park, which is open from dawn ’til dusk. There is a huge grassy knoll that is perfect for letting your k-9 buddy get some exercise and take care of business. Although it is against the rules, there is a group of people at the park every morning that let their dogs run leash free and the security guards are letting it slide (at least for now).
- Luxury– Although the high-rise condos in Legend are smaller than most of Bosa’s other buildings, they come with the same level of luxury. Owners at The Legend didn’t give up anything for their premier sports enthusiast location. Finishes in and the homes and common areas are high quality and elegant. Standard finished include wood floors, floor to ceiling windows, granite counters, stainless GE Monogram appliances, and natural stone bathroom floors and showers.
- Great Views – The Legend is effectively situated just 3 blocks from the San Diego bayand most of the condos have great views whether it be into Petco Park, over the Gaslamp Quarter, or towards the bay. The unique draw to the legend is that the views in every direction are interesting….city with bay, city with ballpark, or just bay….life is rough at the Legend.
Chad’s Take on The Legend East Village Condos – Being that Downtown San Diego Condos at The Legend are on the smaller size, the larger units swing well for a couple to live in, but the smaller condo homes work best for vacation homes or for professionals that can work out of their home with a computer. If you can live a simple life in terms of owning lots of “stuff”, then you will really enjoy living at the Legend.
Values at the Legend have come down with the market, but there have been a few extreme case short sales and bank owned properties that have pulled the average price per square foot down. As show, the average price per square foot is at $518, but for a premium location like this, this is really a steal! If you take units 1101 and 802 out of the equation, your average price per sq ft jumps up to $540. Bosa couldn’t build this building again for that price so if you are looking for a fun energetic place with a blend of luxury and sportiness, then you’ve arrived.
Prime example of a deal- We represented the buyer on 2104 which is the Northwest corner 2 bed, 2 bath penthouse unit with over 600 sq ft of outdoor patio space. For a location like this, $523 sq/ft for penthouse living is simply an unbelievable value. If you were to take the outdoor deck, which is great for entertaining, out of the equation at $100/sq ft, then the buyer’s effectively paid less.
Check this out…the average balcony at legend is 8×10 or 80 sq ft…let’s take the 600 sq ft balcony and subtract the standard 80 sq ft balcony to factor this in. Most architects would tell you that as a bare minimum, the outdoor deck on a high-rise would need to be valued at the very least 50% of the interior price per sq ft ($523 x .5 = $236.5 per sq ft for the balcony).
Let’s be ultra conservative and say $100 per sq ft for the extra 5200 sq ft of living space which gives you a $52,000 adjustment. This gives an adjusted value of about $490 per sq ft for penthouse living in a premium location! It doesn’t get any better than this if you are looking for a great view opportunity!
My only reservations in recommending The Legend Downtown San Diegois the fact that there are talks of the 7th floor deck views into the park being blocked by the Padres expanding their jumbo-tron. The 7th floor deck is so cool that I would honestly be heart broken if they were to block the views. Why Bosa Development wouldn’t get a view easement into the park is beyond me, but it will seriously be a travesty if they expand that giant screen so far as to block the views.
I would personally live at the Legend and believe that it is as hip a place to live as any.
What would you do if you owned at the Legend and they threatened to take away your view?