Welcome to San Diego Blog | March 5, 2012
ShamROCK in The Gaslamp Quarter
Looking for a way to celebrate your Irish heritage this St. Patrick’s Day? Well don’t look any further. This year’s 17th Annual ShamROCK 2012 festival will be taking place on the most sacred party day of the year, St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday March 17th, from 2:00 pm until midnight between 5th and 7th Avenue and E and G Streets in the Gaslamp.
ShamROCK expects to draw over 20,000 people to the streets of the Gaslamp, where these Irish revelers can listen to live entertainment featuring the Young Dubliners, Irish Rock, Irish Punk Rock and many more. There will be 3 stages, a re-created 150-foot Irish pub and over 80,000 suare feet of green Astroturf-turning the streets green.
This is a 21 and up only event. Advance tickets are $35 (until March 10), increasing to $40 (until March16) and $45 at the door. Your wristband into shamROCK will also get you in-and-out privileges, as well as, no cover and food and drink specials at dozens of the Gaslamp Quarter’s hottest nightclubs and restaurants. All proceeds will benefit the Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation.
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm – The Fooks
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm – Irish Dancers
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm – Fenian’s
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm – Down’s Family
- 8:30 – 9:30 pm -Lexington Field
- 10:00 pm – Midnight -The Young Dubliners
Main Stage – Electronica
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Kyle Flesch
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm – Tara Brooks
- 6:00 – 8:00pm – TBA
- 8:00 – 10:00 pm – Donald Glaude
- 10:00 pm – Midnight – Special Guest
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm – Mikey Beats
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm – Hyena
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm – G*Roy
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm – DJ Icon
- 8:00 – 10:00 pm – Sid Vicious
- 10:00 pm – Midnight – Scooter & Lavelle
DJ Sets by G*Roy & Chris Clouse on violin will be playing throughout the day!
Want more Irish blessings? Upgrade to Club VIP & Enjoy:
- Express Admission to ShamROCK with in & out privileges
- Access to Private Bar with cheaper drinks
- Access to more Private Restrooms inside & outside the Block Party (priceless)
- No Cover + VIP Access to over 12 Rockin’ Clubs
- Plus 5 Welcome Shots + VIP Treats @ Participating Venues
- Luck Libation + Food + Hotel Specials
- Special Parking Discount (through advance purchase offline)
- Free Ride Home Anywhere in San Diego County!
Participating Club VIP Venues include:
Ace Parking, Analog, Bare Bark Grill, Belo, Krust Pizzeria, Onyx Room, Red Circle, Sway, The Keating, The Lincoln Room, The MerK Bistro Italiano, The Tipsy Crow, Thin, Vin De Syrah, Voyeur and more!
Don’t drink and drive at this year’s shamROCK 2012. Take a Free designated driver shuttle home to anywhere in San Diego county from 6:00 pm – 1:00 am located at the enterance of shamRock. Miller Lite will be offering it Free Rides community service program to the community.
For the first time in the history of ShamROCK, the COASTER will operate train service after midnight to offer a safe ride home. ShamROCKers can also take advantage of two-for-one train ticket prices on our trains after 7:30 pm (time TBA). (Purchase any COASTER ticket or pass, and a friend rides along free.) The North County Transit District offers free parking at all of its transit centers (except Santa Fe Depot), which offers a stellar driving alternative for people coming from North County and beyond. ShamROCK revelry is only a few blocks from the COASTER’s last stop at Santa Fe Depot.
“The North County Transit District wants San Diego County to know the COASTER is one of the most smart and convenient ways to reach the hottest events in the Gaslamp District,” said Emily Kuhnel, Marketing Representative for NCTD. “We hope you won’t try your Irish luck after leaving the pubfest fun and consider the safe ride home.”
St Patrick’s Day Train 668
- Oceanside -8:05 pm
- Carlsbad Village – 8:10 pm
- Poinsettia – 8:16 pm
- Encinitas – 8:22 pm
- Solana Beach – 8:29 pm
- Sorrento Valley – 8:40 pm
- Old Town – 9:00 pm
- San Diego – 9:05 pm
- San Diego – 12:45 am
- Old Town – 12:51 am
- Sorrento Valley – 1:13 am
- Solana Beach – 1:21 am
- Encinitas – 1:26 am
- Poinsettia – 1:32 am
- Carlsbad Village – 1:39 am
- Oceanside – 1:45 am
Remember, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! So come join the celebration where there will be plenty of beer and Jameson Irish Whisky to concoct any of your favorite St. Paddy’s Day libations.
For more information, call McFarlane Promotions at 619-233-5008 or visit their website at www.sandiegoshamrock.com