Welcome to San Diego Blog | December 11, 2010
Renaissance | 645 Front St San Diego
Renaissance San Diego condos are located right in the heart of the upscale Marina District directly across the street from Nordstroms and the newly renovated Ralph’s grocery store. Renaissance differs from other downtown condos in that it has larger bedrooms and floorplans than most other condo buildings located in the Marina District. The two Renaissance towers both feature some great 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with good views over the Gaslamp Quarter and towards the San Diego bay.
Renaissance San Diego Condos – Best Features
- Location…it’s not the best for views, but it is in the middle of everything including shopping, grocery shopping, dining, cafes, bars and entertainment and does still have good views.
- Security– Renaissance is as safe as it gets for downtown living. With security on ground level plus a security guard in each lobby, you can be sure you, your loved ones and prized possessions will be safe and sound.
- Large spaces– When Carrier Johnson designed Renaissance, they didn’t make any tiny two bedroom condos like most developers. The smallest 2 bedroom condos are at least 1237 sq ft and the larger units go up to 4528 sq ft so everybody has adequate space.
- Ample kitchen storage– A large gripe we hear from downtown condo owners is that there is no kitchen storage. Renaissance is at the higher end of the spectrum for good kitchen storage. This helps make the condos function well as a primary home.
- Great style– The lower levels of the building and outdoor common area spaces are really ornate and great attention to detail is apparent in the design. This includes flagstone flooring, and an Italian style Tuscan stone on the façade and some really great landscaping.
- Some very unique floorplans– some of the townhomes and penthouses in Renaissance are spectacular and are certainly not ordinary for downtown living. This includes high ceilings, ornate staircases, stylish cat-walks and other artistic features.
Renaissance Condos for Sale & Recent Condos Sold
Now is really a great time to buy a home or second home at Renaissance. The building has been in litigation for the last 2 years, but the litigation finally settled and construction has begun to resolve the defects. The common areas don’t show very well because all of the planter boxes are torn up to be refinished and the side of the towers has been torn up to replace some of the windows.
Chad’s take: Trust me, these buildings weren’t designed to be showcased without all of the landscaping in place. It looks like there is a civil war going on between the two towers, but try to see through all of that and just think how great it will be when it is all finished up in 12-18 months. It’s like getting a 10-15% discount for having a vision and exercising the patience to enjoy what is to come in the not so distant future.
The recently sold condos show some great deals taking place in the $350 per sq ft range with an average sales price per sq ft at $443. Renaissance location with views at that price is a phenominal bargain! There is only one lot left in the Marina District for the construction of a new high-rise condo building and Bosa Development, the owner, won’t build on it until they can get at least $750 per sq/ft. The cost to build a class A high-rise building is $350 per sq ft and that does not include a premium for location or views and Renaissance has both!
For more information about Renaissance Condos, give us a call 619-309-8011 or send us your contact info.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]