Welcome to San Diego Blog | January 19, 2011
The Grande | 1199 Pacific Highway – 1205 Pacific Highway
The Grande Condos…
…proudly stand 39 stories tall on the Western Edge of Downtown San Diego’s Columbia District. These two aqua azul glass towers are the only condo buildings in downtown San Diego with triple pane glass. The glass is so thick, it gives the towers a remarkable color unmatched by any other buildings. Bosa Development built The Grande in 2004 and 2005 and it is one of the finest buildings they constructed in Downtown San Diego.
Owners of condos at The Grande will enjoy the future growth and development of what will become downtown San Diego’s most luxurious neighborhood. The develpment of the North Embarcadero, the County administration center and Lane Field will transform the current asphalt landscape into a vibrant waterfront with thousands of trees, grass areas, water features, recreation zones, restaurants, shops, boutiques and more.
The Columbia District will undoubtedly offer one of the finest lifestyle neighborhoods in America.
The Grande San Diego Condos – Best Features
- Floor Plans – The Grande has some of the largest and most well thought out floor plans of all the Buildings that Bosa Development built in San Diego. The E floorplan. located on the western side of both towers includes 1944 sq ft of living space and is a very liveable space. Other floorplans include 1684 and 1625 sq ft & both include 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, plus den. The smallest 2 bedroom condos at the Grande include 1335 sq ft. The one bedroom unit features one and a half baths and an adequate 899 sq ft which works well for a vacation home.
- Value – The Grande is selling for much, much less per square foot than it’s neighbors Bayside or Electra. There have been some amazingly low purchases in the past 18 months on remarkable homes. The Grande is a luxury high rise building on what was once referred to as millionaire row…make no mistake, The Grande will relive its glory as one of San Diego’s finest residences.
- Views – The design of the Grande creates many floor to ceiling glass corners that make for some of the most dramatic views in all of San Diego. The sunsets will bring romance into your life.
- New Neighborhood – Right now, The Grande lacks a sense of neighborhood because there are no retail stores, shops or restaurants on the west side of the railroad tracks. Fortunately, for now, Little Italy is a short walk, but the Columbia District will be a fabulous luxury district as we move into the future.
- Amenities – Enjoy fabulous resort style amenities including a very large pool & jacuzzi with great sun exposure, cabanas, portable outdoor heaters, BBQ’s, sauna, steam, state of the art fitness center, club room, concierge and more. It’s a good life…
Chad’s take – The Grande is one of the best value propositions in town for great luxury real estate at non-luxury prices. I could compare it to other Bosa projects like Park Place or Electra, but it’s floor plans are larger and are selling for less. The quality of the interior finishes at The Grande Condos is remarkably identical to these other buildings. Buy more, but pay less in a similar location with similar views…makes perfect sense to me.
I highly recommend buying at the Grande for a home or second home. Buy now and enjoy. Decide to do something different later and the odds are you will make some money on your investment. Bosa couldn’ t replicate this buiding and sell it for the prices you can buy for today. The Grande San Diego should be selling for about $600 per sq ft today and $700-$900 per sq ft once we get into a healthier, but sustainalbe real estate market.
Now, with the council’s approval of the new waterfront park, the Grande will enjoy an improved location that will be simply amazing.
Do you think there is a better luxury building with great deals? Share your thoughts below
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]