Welcome to San Diego Blog | June 3, 2012
New Big Bay Shuttle
The San Diego Bay just became an easier place to navigate without using a taxi or your own vehicle. The Port of San Diego just started a new service called the Big Bay Shuttle. For only $1 visitors (this is almost FREE)can hop on a 12-15 passenger shuttle bus and get on and off with all day privileges at 6 different locations.
The Big Bay Shuttle stops include:
- The Hilton Bayfront San Diego – Adjacent to the convention center and a quick jaunt over the Harbor drive pedestrian Bridge to Petco Park.
- The Marriott Marquis – Right along the bayfront in the Marina District
- Seaport Village – A vactioner’s delight!
- Navy Broadway Pier – The newly renovated landing at Broadway and the western waterfront.
- The Maritime Museum – you know, the Star of India!
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina on Harbor Island – yes, you can walk to Sea Level and Island Prime. or maybe even head across the street to the Airport.
Big Bay Shuttle Hours of Operation
- Sunday – Thursday 10am-8pm
- Friday- Saturday 10am-10pm
This Big Bay Shuttle service just started over Memorial Day weekend and will be continuing for 14 weeks over the busy summer months which concludes on Labor Day weekend. If the shuttle is a success, the port will consider making the program a permanent transportation route.
The shuttle service is also included if you park at one of the ports parking lots and pay the day use fee. Ask the parking attendant and they can get you dialed in. The buses are easy to spot as they are wrapped in bright yellow with red lettering that says, “Big Bay Shuttle” and they come every 20 minutes.