Welcome to San Diego Blog | December 5, 2014
New Restaurants to Check Out!
In addition to our love of downtown San Diego Real Estate, we are also lovers of great food and new restaurants to try. Over the past few months, many new restaurants/bars have opened… and here are the top 5 that we recommend!
1. Bottega Americano | Located at 1195 Island Avenue | Bottega Americano is a unique dining experience that combines the culinary artistry of fine dining, the freshest locally-sourced ingredients and the casual atmosphere and practicality of a European marketplace. Their pastas are handmade, they have a yummy brunch, and they have a marketplace to buy freshly prepared food to take home.
2. Double Standard | 695 Sixth Avenue | Just opened on December 1st! Double Standard combines San Diego Americana cuisine and Italian specialties like Neapolitan pizza and fresh pasta with a comfortable, yet modern open-air concept that includes an outdoor, grass sidewalk cafe that wraps around the entire restaurant. Expect a guest-centric food playground where innovative fare, high-style service and design meet a casual vibe at an approachable price point; the Double Standard.
3. Kettner Exchange | 2001 Kettner Blvd | Features progressive American cuisine and a unique menu of craft cocktails, with daily live music! They have a rooftop patio, where you can sip, eat & mingle. Additionally on the rooftop, there are cabanas equipped with it’s own keg.
4. Ironside Fish & Oyster | 1654 India Street | Located in the old Ironside Metal Supply, featuring fresh seafood. The venue is spacious and has nautical design accents. The oysters are “Mild, Sweet with a touch of Brine and a fantastic smooth finish.” Try the chowder fries and the lobster roll as well.
5. Juniper & Ivy | 2228 Kettner Blvd | Juniper and Ivy offer “Refined American food with left coast edge”. Chef Richard Blais creates delicious culinary creations! Make sure to save room for dessert – try the Yodel.
If you haven’t tried any of these yet, you should check them out soon! Which one is your favorite? Enjoy!!