Welcome to San Diego Blog | December 17, 2010
Aria | 1441 9th Ave
At the top of Cortez Hill, Aria San Diego Condos are located at 1441 9th Ave. Aria Condos were built in 2008 by Anka Development , an Australian developer recognized as one of the premier builders of residential highrises on the West Coast. Aria Condos are a sleak steel and glass tower rising 24 floors from one of the highest points in Downtown San Diego. Aria provides a beautiful architectural contrast to the landmark 1927 El Cortez Hotel which is located across the street on 9th Avenue.
Aria San Diego Condos – Best Features
Architecture and Design–All around the world, Anka has built residences that combine a stunning aesthetic with functionality & convenience. Expansive window walls, large patios & a grand sense of arrival enhance the lifestyle experience.
- Large floorplans and living spaces–with one bedrooms in the 8-900 sf range and most 2 bedrooms from 1,200-1,400 sf, Aria is a sharp contrast to many highrises that opted for much smaller homes and many more units on each floor.
- Complete lifestyle amenities–Including lap pool, spa, complete gym and community/meeting room create a convenient time saving environment. Amenities are executed in light bright spaces that add to the experience of the building”s atmosphere and sensibilities.
- European kitchen and baths–featuring Fisher Paykel stainless steel appliances, chic Caesarstone countertops, European cabinetry and contemporary bathroom fixtures.
- Low overall cost of living–Approved for FHA and VA loans, Aria has been the choice of many first time homeowners. With a low HOA for a full service, amenity rich building, this is a great value.
- Location–Cortez Hill is a quiet area convenient to The Gaslamp and East Village. Adjacent to Balboa Park, it provides access to walking paths, for jogging, dogwalking and the enjoyment of all that San Diego has to offer.
- Convenience and security–with video in all public areas and entrances, secure resident parking and electronic security, there is an obvious focus on safety. Cortez Hill is one offers on-street free parking in all of downtown.
Aria San Diego Condos for Sale & Recently Sold Condos
Aria is hot! The developer has only a handful of condos remaining to sell. At this stage of a new building’s sales cycle, the builder’s overhead for operating a sales office dictates low prices and concessions to buyers. Additionally, sellers in the resale market have to compete and are often selling at a loss. With 12 closed sales in 2010 and only 6 current listings it’s a great time to buy at Aria.
Dave’s Take: With no cranes on the San Diego horizon for new residential construction, seek quality and value in properties to purchase. If a classic, contemporary aesthetic is your style, Aria will grab your attention immediately. It is not likely to be duplicated in the near future. Looking at the 16 sales over the past 18 months, we don’t see a very large delta between asking prices and selling prices; less than 5% in all except two cases. The absorption rate at Aria is really quick. For investors, Navy staff have provided an excellent rental base. Aria San Diego is definitely on my “buy list.”