Welcome to San Diego Blog | December 24, 2010
Pinnacle | 550 Front Street
Pinnacle San Diego Condos are some of the best homes in Downtown San Diego’s Marina District. When it comes to location, quality and long-term value, Pinnacle Condos are the place you want to be. Located just 4 blocks from the bustlingGaslamp Quarter, 1 block from Ralph’s Grocery Store, 2 blocks from Nordstroms and 2 blocks from the San Diego Bay & Marriott Marina, you can walk to almost everything one would ever need. This great location along with some of the best views in San Diego make this beatiful luxury high-rise condo building with great floorplans one of the most premier towers to call home.
Pinnacle San Diego Condos – Best Features
- Location & View – With the exception of Harbor Club, Pinnacle is positioned as the best building for phenominal views of the San Diego Bay, Coronado, & Point Loma. It is the second closest high-rise to the water and has no direct obstructions for views to the south.
- Overall Quality – 10 foot ceilings with floor to ceiling glass are what really set this building apart from other Marina District Condos. The builder finishes are nice: Snaidero Cabinets, Bosch Appliances & marble floors, but once remodeled, it is the ceiling volume that really set’s Pinnacle apart from Horizon’s, Renaissance and Harbor Club.
- Large Spaces– Many donwtown San Diego condo buildings make for great vacation homes, but Pinnacle makes for a great primary home. The bedrooms are not huge, but the floorplans on many of the upper floor two and three bedroom condos are 2000-3000 sq ft or larger.
- Amenities – The longest pool in downtown with great year round sun exposure plus the usual sauna, steam, amenity room, guest suite, and theater room. The overall feel of the common areas is elegant, classic and tasteful.
- Bonus – Many of the upper floor units were deeded with 3-4 parking spaces and a select few even have 6 parking spaces. This swings well for guests or for the car collecting invidual and is not a feature you find in other buildings.
Pinnacle Condos for Sale & Condos Recently Sold
Pinnacle is simply experiencing today’s “economy buyer” market. With 36 stories in the building, looking at the sales in the last 18 months makes you realize that the affordable units are the only ones that are selling. In the past 18 months seven of the 13 sales occurred on the bottom third of the tower (floors 12 or below). There was not one sale at the top third of the tower (floors 24-36).
Exploring the details more illustrates the smaller, more affordable floorplans are the properties that buyers are looking for today. This is just simple economics…there is no financing for multi-million dollar properties and buyer’s are buying where they can get financing.
Pinnacle is one of my favorite downtown buildings, but not for the lower third of the building small two bedroom floorplans. The real difference at Pinnalce is the top third of the building with large floorplans, jaw dropping views and less units per floor. The only sale we can see that would be representative of these floorplans is residence 2205 which sold for $1097 per sq ft. Not many buildings in San Diego will demand above $1000 per sq ft, but Pinnacle surely will.
Because there are a few units on the 30th floor and above for sale with some substantial time on market, I see the the luxury buyer having the upper hand on negotiating a great deal.
For more information about buying or selling at Pinnacle, contact us.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]